College Credit Plus
Improving the educational attainment of Ohio citizens is key to ensuring the state’s long-term success. The state has committed significant resources across the education continuum to develop and implement strategies to address this critical issue.
At the secondary level, the high school curriculum has been strengthened to ensure that students graduate high school having successfully completed relevant and more rigorous coursework. Implementation of Ohio’s new learning standards is underway, and new high school end-of-course exams are being developed that will measure subject matter mastery. These new exams and other independent assessments will also be used to determine college readiness.
Ohio Higher Ed. College Credit Plus FAQ's - Updated as of 9/1/2017
LEHS College Credit Plus (CCP) Procedures
1) Attend Annual College Credit Plus meeting. This is required every year of participation to be able to be eligible
2) Sign Letter of Intent every year of participation and return to LEHS Counseling Dept. (Mrs. Shipe) by April 1st for the following school year
College Credit Plus (CCP) Letter of Intent:
3) Inform the LEHS Counseling Dept. what school(s) you are planning to take CCP classes
4) Apply to chosen university/college
5) After applying, please request your transcript be sent to that school to Ms. Swackhamer in the Counseling Office.
6) Communicate with your chosen university/college to confirm acceptance, materials needed, deadlines, etc.
7) Once accepted, work with your college academic advisor to set up placement tests and register for courses
8) Communicate with LEHS Counseling Department (Mrs. Shipe) to ensure the courses work with your schedule and graduation requirements
9) If you plan to drop a course, you MUST communicate with both LEHS and the school you are taking CCP courses with even if this course is taken here at LEHS
10) ABIDE BY ALL COLLEGE DEADLINES. It is your responsibility to know those deadlines
Columbus State Community College - CCP Forms
OCU - Trailblazer Academy - CCP Website/Forms/Courses
OU-L and OU-C College Credit Plus:
Contact Info: https://www.ohio.edu/dualenrollment/collegecreditplus/contacts.cfm
Hocking College - College Credit Plus - Application
Hocking College - CCP Information, apply online, etc.