Attention Seniors: Please click here to verify that your senior/baby pictures are in the yearbook! Changes will be made for missing students who submitted their photos prior to the deadline of Feb. 10, 2017. See Mrs. Dexter for questions!
Viewing for prom for parents/family/friends will be 7:00 – 7:45 pm. Students will begin entering at 8:00 pm.
Follow us on Twitter: @LEHSGuidance for updates about guidance information, scholarship application announcements, information about colleges, careers, college visits, and MORE!
Kathy Goins, Counselor
Joanna Shipe, Counselor
Stephanie Swackhamer, Guidance Secretary
ANY Sophomores interested in attending Pickaway Ross for the next school year must apply online. Here is how to access the Pickaway-Ross application (click under "Online Application" and create an account): http://www.pickawayross.com/highschool_home.aspx
PE WAIVER INFORMATION:
In order for students to be exempted from PE through a sport they MUST have TWO PE Waivers on file with the Guidance Department. One PE Waiver is for ONE full season of a sport. PE Waiver's can be found in the Guidance Office.
UPCOMING COLLEGE VISITS
Check Google Calendar
NEWS: Pickaway HELPS promotes higher education opportunities among students and families of Pickaway County. Services include help with career planning and choices, assistance with financial aid for education and training, and any related support needed to remove barriers to higher education.
Guidance Department Forms: (Require Adobe Acrobat Reader)
- Schedule Change Request Form
- Early Graduation Request Form
- Post Secondary Options Packet
- College Visit Form
- Transcript Request Form
- Short Term Progress Report
- http://ncaa.org/eligibility - This section provides information on how student-athletes can comply with NCAA bylaws in order to compete in intercollegiate athletics. It includes information on what high school students need to do to be eligible to compete their first year in college, as well as guidelines that coaches and prospective student-athletes must follow during the recruiting process.
- http://www.campustours.com - Campus Tours is the Internet’s foremost directory of virtual college tours, providing your students with absolutely FREE access to the official online tours of more than 1500 U.S. colleges and universities.
- http://www.collegeviewbooks.com - FREE college viewbook and application request service for students. Request twenty (20) separate viewbooks and applications from a pool of more than 1500 colleges and universities with one simple FREE from!
- College Credit Plus FAQ's https://www.ohiohighered.org/ccp/faqs
College Credit Plus
Improving the educational attainment of Ohio citizens is key to ensuring the state’s long-term success. The state has committed significant resources across the education continuum to develop and implement strategies to address this critical issue.
At the secondary level, the high school curriculum has been strengthened to ensure that students graduate high school having successfully completed relevant and more rigorous coursework. Implementation of Ohio’s new learning standards is underway, and new high school end-of-course exams are being developed that will measure subject matter mastery. These new exams and other independent assessments will also be used to determine college readiness.
LEHS College Credit Plus (CCP) Procedures
1) Attend Annual College Credit Plus meeting. This is required every year of participation to be able to be eligible
2) Sign Letter of Intent every year of participation and return to LEHS Counseling Dept. (Mrs. Shipe) by April 1st for the following school year
College Credit Plus (CCP) Letter of Intent:
3) Inform the LEHS Counseling Dept. what school(s) you are planning to take CCP classes
4) Apply to chosen university/college
5) After applying, please request your transcript be sent to that school to Ms. Swackhamer in the Counseling Office.
6) Communicate with your chosen university/college to confirm acceptance, materials needed, deadlines, etc.
7) Once accepted, work with your college academic advisor to set up placement tests and register for courses
8) Communicate with LEHS Counseling Department (Mrs. Shipe) to ensure the courses work with your schedule and graduation requirements
9) If you plan to drop a course, you MUST communicate with both LEHS and the school you are taking CCP courses with even if this course is taken here at LEHS
10) ABIDE BY ALL COLLEGE DEADLINES. It is your responsibility to know those deadlines
Columbus State Community College - CCP Forms
OCU - Trailblazer Academy - CCP Website/Forms/Courses
OU-L and OU-C College Credit Plus:
Contact Info: https://www.ohio.edu/dualenrollment/collegecreditplus/contacts.cfm
Hocking College - College Credit Plus - Application
Hocking College - CCP Information, apply online, etc.